Most Popular Types of Kitchen Islands
Photo credit: Shutterstock
Kitchen islands are having a moment! Most homeowners redesigning their kitchens today opt for a kitchen island and house hunters seem to have this as one of their “must-haves” as well. Not only do they provide extra functionality in your kitchen, but they also offer the perfect place to circle around when the company is over.
We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite types of kitchen islands below.
- Base Cabinet: This type of island can either be on wheels or stationary and uses a cabinet base that already exists. When putting a base cabinet island together, you can use one, two, or three bases depending on how big you want your island to be. The next step is adding the countertop of your choice. This type of island is one of the less expensive options and has many benefits.
- Furniture: Another kitchen island that gives you the most options as far as shapes is a custom furniture piece. The fact that it can be made custom gives you all the options in the world to choose from when it comes to the size, shape, amount of storage you want to be included, etc. These types of kitchen islands can often give a kitchen a warm “homey” feeling.
- Table Island: This type of island is an island that has a table attached to one of the sides. We would only recommend this type of island in a large kitchen as it can take up a lot of space. It can be nice to have the added countertop and informal place to sit. It makes quite the statement in a kitchen. We just recommend that if you choose this option, you do plan on really using it, because if you don’t you may be frustrated that you’re wasting the space.
- Butcher Block: Butcher block islands are recommended for smaller kitchens. They can give you just the amount of extra space you need and you can cut right on the countertop! It’s important to keep in mind that they can stain a bit easier than other countertop options and may get “beat up” over time, but they’re not an expensive option and provide many homeowners with the functionality they are looking for.
- Round: A unique option for any kitchen is a round island that can truly add a design element to your space. The soft edges of a round island make it easy to maneuver around while also providing a special feature that will surely make your kitchen stand out!
Which Types Of Kitchen Islands Appeal To You?
Have you decided by now which of the kitchen island shapes and features we presented would work best in your kitchen? We understand it may be difficult as there are so many great options to choose from! Allow the team at Let’s Face It to help you make the choice. We would be happy to set up a time for a free consultation today! Give us a ring at 215.343.2600.